Pop. : 16,656
Elev.: 260 ft
Area: 20.6 sq. miles
A cidade exclusiva de Alamo é uma comunidade não registada em Contra Costa County, Califórnia. Ele está perto de quase tudo na área da Baía de São Francisco . Do centro de San Francisco, no Oceano Pacífico , Sausalito , Napa Valley, e até Lake Tahoe ; moradores Alamo são ideais para experimentar o melhor da Califórnia tem a oferecer.
Aninhado num vale entre proeminente Monte. Diablo State Park e Las Trampas Regional Floresta, Alamo é cercada por cidades vizinhas de Walnut Creek e Danville, ao ser muito perto das maravilhosas cidades de Diablo, Blackhawk , San Ramon, Lafayette, Orinda e Moraga .
Estas comunidades maravilhosas consistem em bairros residenciais de luxo pitorescas que combinam perfeitamente com os contrafortes naturais. Alamo, estar em casa para os atletas profissionais , empresa da Fortune 500 executivos , empresários da área da baía e apenas grandes all-around pessoas , não pode ser batida pelo seu charme , beleza e proximidade com a natureza . Alamo se orgulha de ter um dos sistemas públicos e privados de maior destaque da escola no país.
O DI de janeiro de baixa temperatura média é 39.3F , julho média alta temperatura é 85.2F , e queda de chuva média anual é de 23.96″
- Alamo-Danville Newcomers Club
- Alamo Chamber of Commerce
- Alamo Women’s Club
- Alamo Rotary Club
- Alamo Today! Alamo’s Community Newspaper
Hospitals/Medical Centers near Alamo:
- JOHN MUIR MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; WALNUT CREEK, CA)
- SAN RAMON REGIONAL MEDICAL CTR (about 7 miles; SAN RAMON, CA)
- MT DIABLO MEDICAL PAVILION (about 8 miles; CONCORD, CA)
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) and Amtrak Stations near Alamo:
- 1.2 miles: Walnut Creek BART (200 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek, CA 94596). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: MARTINEZ AMTRAK (401 FERRY ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 14 miles: EAST DUBLIN-PLEASANTON AMTRAK (PLEASANTON, OWENS DR. AT BART WAY) – Bus Station
- 14 miles: OAKLAND AMTRAK (245 2ND ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/Universities nearest to Alamo:
- DIABLO VALLEY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; PLEASANT HILL, CA; Full-time enrollment: 12,029)
- SAINT MARYS COLLEGE OF CALIFORNIA (about 8 miles; MORAGA, CA; FT enrollment: 3,545)
- MERRITT COLLEGE (about 10 miles; OAKLAND, CA; FT enrollment: 2,646)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-BERKELEY (about 13 miles; BERKELEY, CA; FT enrollment: 29,690)
- LOS MEDANOS COLLEGE (about 14 miles; PITTSBURG, CA; FT enrollment: 4,244)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-HAYWARD (about 14 miles; HAYWARD, CA; FT enrollment: 9,988)
- COLLEGE OF ALAMEDA (about 14 miles; ALAMEDA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,450)
Elementary/Middle schools in Alamo:
- Stone Valley Middle (School Level 06 – 08) Location: 3001 Miranda Ave., Alamo 925-552-5640
- Rancho Romero Elementary (School Level KG – 05) Location: 180 Hemme Ave., Alamo 925-552-5675
- Alamo Elementary (School Level KG – 05) Location: 100 Wilson Rd., Alamo 925-938-0448
- Dorris-Eaton School (School Level Preschool – Jr.KG) Location 1286 Stone Valley Rd., Alamo 925-837-7248
- Lucille Mauzy School (Central County Special Education Programs: School Level KG – 12) Location: 2964 Miranda Ave., Alamo 925-837-6007
- Creative Learning Center (School Level Preschool – Jr.KG) Location: 120 Hemme Ave., Alamo 925-837-4044
- Alamo Country School (School Level Toddler/PreSchool – 01) Location: 1261 Laverock Lane, Alamo 925-406-4332
- Tutor: On Track Learning (School Level KG – HS) Location: 37 Alamo Square Dr., Suite E, Alamo 925-552-5777
Parks & Trails
- Andrew H. Young Park is located at the corner of Danville Blvd. & Jackson Way. This park is named in memory of Alamo resident Andrew H. Young who was instrumental in preserving the charm of Alamo.
- Livorna Park is at the corner of Livorna Road & Miranda Avenue. It features a large open-air gazebo, a sand volleyball court, a multi-use sports court, playground structures, large play areas, drinking fountain, restrooms and off-street parking.
- Alamo School Sports Field located at 100 Wilson Road offers soccer and baseball fields, batting cages, and a picnic and barbecue area.
- Hap Magee Ranch Park is on the Alamo-Danville Border on La Gonda Way. This park has several historic structures. There are picnic facilities, children’s water play area, a large meadow with a spectacular heritage oak, dog parks and off-street parking. The park sits near the intersection of the Iron Horse Trail and the Las Trampas to Mt. Diablo Regional Trail.
- Las Trampas Regional Wilderness is a 5,342-acre (21.62 km2) park located to the immediate southwest of the town. The wilderness contains numerous plant and animal communities, including forested hillsides and riparian woods. The park is also host to several secluded waterfalls, many of which are difficult to reach.
- Iron Horse Regional Trail It follows the old Southern Pacific Railroad right-of-way and is designated as a multi-use trail, allowing a variety of users including hikers, bicyclists, and equestrians.
- Green Valley Trail begins at Macedo Ranch Staging Area (part of Mt. Diablo State Park). It continues south along Green Valley Road for over a half mile and then turns east. The trail winds through a residential area and then continues on to enter Mt. Diablo State Park.
- Diablo Foothills Regional Park trailhead is at the eastern end of Livorna Road on the left just before the gated area. There is equestrian parking. This trailhead offers access not only to Diablo Foothills Regional Park but also to Walnut Creek Open Space. Trails from this area lead into hilly terrain with limited tree cover. Recommended for ACTIVE hikers.
Places of Worship
- Rolling Hills Community Church 1565 Green Valley Road, Danville (925)838-7729
- New Life Church 2501 Danville Blvd., Alamo 925-934-5449
- Creekside Community Church 1350 Danville Blvd., Alamo 925-820-9031
- San Ramon Valley United Methodist Church 902 Danville Blvd., Alamo 925-837-5243
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2949 Stone Valley Rd., Alamo 925-837-2629